Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wooly Wednesday



Well I finally finished the Garter Stitch blanket from
"Baby Knits for Beginners" Yup all done, stitched together and finally sent off to little George in an Easter gift package. I hope it's big enough for him ! (It's folded over in the above pic !)


And now I have started to make him some "Fluffy Clouds" socks from "Cute Knits for Baby Feet" . This is the first time I have made something which has a colour pattern , which I have struggled a little with ! First I just copied it out bigger and thought I could just cross off the rows as I did them, but I kept forgetting that you have to change the way you read the pattern on each row. So I have just been writing out each row longhand... hopefully it will be worth it !



I do have to be careful about leaving my knitting around though. Jesse James had done his trick of trapping himself in the bedroom. When I went to check on him this is what I found ^^ Fortunately he hadn't unraveled any of my carefully made stitches !

4 comments:

Kelly said...

The blanket looks wonderful! I am SO impressed! I wish I knew how to do that.

Anonymous said...

its a nice colorful blanket. my mama wants to learn to knit but i reminded her that any new hobby or skill just takes away from mama and pug time.

:)

Too Cute Pugs said...

What a great blanket!

I tried knitting but it was a horrible disaster. I'm now going to give crochet a try. I've signed up with a group who makes blankets to donate.

Sue

Puglette said...

your blanket is adorable! it looks like pepe gave it her stamp of approval. i loved your tuesday 10, i totally understand what you mean about your class.

your kitty burglar is very cute, here is a link to a kitty burglar story in our area. http://www.komonews.com/news/42719592.html

hugs,
puglette