Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Ten- Annoying habits



Inspired by an entry over on Purs n'snorts here is my Top 10 annoying habits- not all mine !!
  1. Wasting too much time on the Internet, LOL
    This is probably worse when I'm in work, I'll be doing a straightforward case, then get distracted and go on the Internet and all of a sudden it's 10 mins later and I have no memory of where I was up to in my work...

  2. I think one of the criticisms of my star sign, Taurus, is laziness. I'm not sure how true this is, but I am 'good' at procrastinating... I've had an application for a Graduate Trainee position- a job I would LOVE to get for some time now, but as the closing date is the end of May I keep on putting off doing any work on it :( Maybe I'll get around to it this Easter holiday weekend

  3. Pepe barks. We put her in the kitchen overnight and when we want some 'quiet time'... and she isn't quiet about when she wants some company again. Her barking isn't loud or aggressive, but she seems to be able to go on forever... when all you want is for her to settle down again so you can have a weekend lie-in

  4. Pepe sheds. Well okay all the animals shed. Generally in the evening we need to vacuum both sofas before humans can sit down on them, unless they want a tush full o'fur.

  5. I am very acquisitive when it comes to books. I joined the Bookmooch website where since July 07 I have given away 93 books, but received 146 ...!

  6. Jesse James does not understand the concept of doors fully. Most often when he wants to leave a room he will reach up to push the door; so either the door will swing wide open meaning we have to get up to close it again, or he closes the door and traps himself inside

  7. I have to admit that at times I am very easily irritated. When we settle down for the night in bed, Jerry & I might stay up to do a bit of a read. Everything is so quiet that I can hear Jerry biting his nails and it does drive me a little crazy

  8. Pepe eating things in the back yard. Our back yard is paved, but there is some plant sprouting up and a few dandelions here and there. Some days when I take her out there to do her business I just want her to 'go', but she delights in snuffling and sampling anything she can get her chops around

  9. Staying up too late at night
    Some nights I know that I'm tired and should just give in and go to bed, but on the other hand I can't be bothered to go to the routine of getting everyone ready for bed. Unfortunately this always needs doing so I end up rushing around in a bad mood trying to get it over and done with

  10. Shyness
    I guess I'm still pretty shy. E.g. I started going to Pilates class. When I come home Jerry asks "did you talk to anyone", but to me -going by myself- it just seems that people turn up, do the class and then leave. You're all concentrating on yourself getting the moves right, and the Instructor that there's not that much interaction with other members

6 comments:

Ricardo Barroso said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liss said...

Oh I share many of those, especially the procastinating. Also, the staying up late, I LOVE to stay up late, but I hate getting out of bed in the mornings.

Unknown said...

I know all about #3... especially in the morning when Meiby wants breakfast. As for the shedding, we keep a cotton blanket over the couch to protect it from hair and whatever else and just throw it in the washer when it needs it. Saves our couch! And #8... I can't take Meiby outside without her constantly grabbing mouthfuls of grass, or worse, rabbit poop (it looks just like her food). I suppose it could be worse though...

Unknown said...

SUCH a great photo of you and Pepe - love it!

Kelly said...

I just love that picture of you & Pepe! It's one of my favorites!

I share a few of these habits with you! Like Amy said above, we keep a blanket on the couch when Pearl is up there, and then when we want to sit, we just take it off. I wash it every few days.

Too Cute Pugs said...

LOVE the photo!

I'm bad about staying up late. And I can be shy too at times. Sometimes I just have no idea what to say to people I don't know!

Daisy is shedding up a storm these days. We're finding clumps of her fur all over the house. Yay spring!

Sue