Friday, April 24, 2009

Belated Brill's Birthday

Thursday April 23rd was my 29th birthday !

Naturally I took the day off work. In the morning I opened my presents off Jerry, which were all lovely and got to eat Tarte au Citron for breakfast in bed :)

In the afternoon I made a coffee & ricotta cake. It was my dad's birthday on the 22nd so I wanted to make a cake and give him half when we saw him today :)

In the evening we went on the Wheel



it was quite fun. We've been on a couple of times in the past, and normally go around Christmas-time, but last year never got around to it. I like to go at night and see the city all lit up :)

Because it was also St George's Day there were also Morris Dancers- which we would not have seen if we hadn't gone up on the Wheel :

Today we saw my parents for a meal. We were going to go to Ning, which serves Malaysian food and had Vegan options for Jerry. We walked up there for their Friday Lunch menu, only to find the place closed and a note on the door saying they had stopped Friday Lunches ! Oh well.
So we went to Red Chilli instead. Jerry & I have been there before, when we had 'Sichuan Mrs Spotty's Beancurd' which was amazingly hot ! This time we were gobsmacked when all the food arrived- there was so much ! We got takeaway boxes for the leftovers :)

'til next year... the Big Three- Oh !

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! exactly a week after mine :)

Too Cute Pugs said...

Happy belated birthday Brill! It sounds like you had a great day.

Sue

Archie and Melissa said...

happy birthday brill!

what a wonderful celebration!

:) melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Brill!!

Liss said...

Happy birthday!

Rachel said...

Happy B-lated B-day!! Yes, you and Winston share the same B-day! Glad you had a nice day.