Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday review- Lush

Well we have all recently celebrated Easter, but for some this is easier than others.

Jerry is a Vegan, so rather than getting him a dairy-chocolate egg I thought Vegan-friendly shop Lush might have some fun Easter items for him. We went into one of their shops here in Manchester, where they had bunny and egg shaped Bath Ballistics, but none of the labels said they were Vegan :(
I asked one of the staff who said that the ones that had a sweet on them might not be suitable - the sweet contained gelatine... but I was a little disappointed overall about such an oversight.

I emailed the Customer Services for advise if Any were suitable, and they got back quickly telling me which were- including one called "Honey Bun" which I thought was silly because Honey is NOT Vegan.

Anyway the customer services rep said "give me your address and we'll send you some Vegan stuff to make up for Easter" ... and this is what we received:
1x Ice Blue soap.
I'm not sure if we've had this before, but it has a lovely zingy smell. Peppermint flavour.

1x Uluru Bath Ballistic.
We've not used this one before, but look forward to doing so. It has a sandalwood scent- the most expensive essential oil which caused a massive cock-up on last week's Apprentice !

1x Handy Gurugu hand cream.
I am a complete hand cream addict, so am well pleased this was in there !

1x Olive Branch shower gel
I tried this last night and am not too keen on the 'musky' aroma. It reminds me of The Body Shop's "White Musk", which was popular when I was in secondary school. My fave shower gel from Lush is Sonic Death Monkey.

Also it was all very cutely packaged, and rather than polystyrene briquettes, they'd used popcorn to stop the contents from getting damaged ! Pepe was very curious about this, but I didn't let her have any incase it had any soap or fragrances which might have made her sick :P

1 comment:

Too Cute Pugs said...

Oooh, what a nice lot of stuff.

I've never been to Lush - they don't have any stores where I live but my niece lives in Montreal where they have a store and she LOVES it. I'll have to stop in the next time I go visit.

Sue