Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Status

Well I took the plunge and have booked Pepe in to get spayed... on Tuesday ! (24th). Last month I was making enquiries into it and my local vet quoted £180 ! - which seems to be the going rate :(
So she's going to have it done at the dog's home which will be more like £50. The Dogs home is in north Manchester and would be 2 bus journeys there so I'll have to get a taxi (we don't drive), so it will also be the first time Pepe goes in a car (well apart from getting picked up from the breeders). So there's a lot to be nervous about :P
It was quite cute when I was making the appointment, the guy was taking my details, then Pepe's and when I said she was a Pug he was like "oh, can't you come on Thursday instead?" so that he could get to see her, hehee.
I hope she doesn't mind wearing the special collar afterwards too much :

3 comments:

Liss said...

Oh this is a nerve-racking experience, but it will all be OK. And it's good that you're getting it done, it will make her life much better.

Too Cute Pugs said...

Our mom hates it whenever we have to stuff like operations done too but we're sure everything is going to work out fine.

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Kelly said...

Good Luck Pepe! Momma was sooo nervous when I had my surgery- and it went great! I never really knew anything had happened!

We'll be thinking of you on Tuesday!