Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pepe's big spay (day)

Today Pepe got spayed.
I ordered a taxi for 8am to get us over to the Dog's Home for 8.45am, as requested. The taxi both took too long, and was more expensive than the dispatcher advised last night when I ordered it...
It felt dead weird to be getting a taxi, I was dead nervous and worried about forgetting something, a bit like the sensation before you go on holiday ...

Here is a pic of Pepe looking sad before we set off -
yes I know that she had no idea what was going to happen to her ...
One of my worries was that the taxi driver would pull up, but then be like "no dogs in the car"- I took her in the cat's travel box.
I was also worried that she might not stop barking, or go to the toilet while we were en route. None of this happened. She settled down after a while and the taxi driver asked a couple of questions about her and why I was taking her across the city.

And here is Pepe looking sad when she got home.
I got the bus (or rather the two buses home), and there wasn't a peep out of her. I think she is still quite dopey; but we took the Buster collar off her to let her get comfortable when we were able to make sure she didn't worry her stitches and she seemed to get a bit livelier. Her appetite is fine too, she scoffed the grilled chicken & boiled rice I made for her tea :)
"Does my bum look big in this ? "

8 comments:

Salinger The Pug said...

Ohhh...poor Pepe! We hope you're feeling better soon!

The collar is quite fetching on you (that sounds like a British type term, so we thought you'd relate)!

Rachel said...

awww...poor Pepe! What a big long exhausting day! We're so glad you were a brave girl and did good. You'll feel better in no time and won't even remember it ever happened.

Unknown said...

aww poor pup! I feel so bad for them when they look so pathetic... but it's also terribly cute ;)

Kelly said...

aww Pepe! I am so glad it's all over and you are home!

Too Cute Pugs said...

Big licks and hugs to you Pepe! We sure hope you're feeling better soon. But gee, you're awfully cute!

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Liss said...

What a trooper! Welcome to woman hood Pepe, at least in doggie terms ;) Thanks for voting for Fatty.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, Brill! I just saw on a website that yesterday was 'National Spay Day' in the U.S.! How funny that Pepe got spayed yesterday! Here's the link:

http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affecting_our_pets/pet_overpopulation_and_ownership_statistics/spay_day_usa/

Liss said...

WHere have you been? HOw is Pepe?