Saturday, December 19, 2009

"I Love Me" award

Many thanks to Caitlin aka The August One for the above award.

So, recipients have to list 10 things they love about themselves...

1. I love my fashion sense and style (ditto Caitlin!)
I guess my taste has always been a bit different, unusual. These days we don't really have much spare cash for clothes shopping etc. but in a way I'm glad- it means I get plenty of wear out of clothes I love. Actually Jerry would be glad to see the back of my duffle coat LOL
* remembers I need to buy a new belt to replace the one I lost off my green coat














*wants

2. I love giving myself new challenges, e.g. blogging, setting up as a seller on Etsy, knitting, crochet

3. I love that I am a pet owner, that I have room in my life and heart to love these animals and the duty of care & responsibilty that I have for them

4. I love being a bookworm! I love Bookmooch, Librarything and my real-life public libraries. I've always got my limit of books out from the library and probably 10 more on Reserve. Using bookswapping websites these days it's so easy to turn your home into your very own library. Shelves filled with books are always a tasteful decor choice I think


5. I love being petite
Admittedly it can be a pain getting trousers that fit without having to take the hems up, but because I am a Lady I can just wear skirts or dresses instead. Infact I find it so boring in work where colleagues just wear (the same?) pair of black trousers all week.
I think Shakira summed it up
"I'm actually very proud of my short legs. They take me to places. Actually when you're short, people feel pity for you, so you can get away with a lot more stuff. If I was tall I'd be in big trouble."

... well maybe 5 is enough for today... to be continued... ?

No comments: