Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sundal Sunday

(I can see on my Dashboard that I'm getting close to 100 posts, which I really want to achieve (and beyond!) but some evenings the last thing I want to do is sit down in front of the PC again ...)

Anyway, here is a recipe I made last weekend: Sundal
It is supposed to be a snack of chickpeas, peanuts, coconut and other bits and pieces to spice it up ! We ate it as a meal instead with basmati rice. It was very filling !

Anyway, the best part was probably the fresh coconut. Jerry broke it open- the water inside was really sweet ! Then we had to prise out the flesh. I generally don't like coconut things- cakes at least, but I think that's because dessicated coconut is so dry, ugh! But the fresh coconut was really creamy. I also loved the contrast between the coarse hard hairy shell and the perfect white flesh inside- like snow !

Of course at the end we gave Pepe one of the halves of the shell to play with (after we took as much of the hair off )... and it has become her new favourite toy
1. it is nice and hard to chew on
2. it is noisy if she scuttles it along the floor-

3. if she has it the other way up it can make a handy crash helmet :)

2 comments:

Liss said...

Oh what fun Pepe is helping.

Too Cute Pugs said...

We love things that are both a food and a toy!

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy