Thursday, January 9, 2014

Items due for return 9/01

Thursday is Library day!

Today I had these due back:


I had got "Are you my mother?" (graphic novel) out for Jerry, he'd been asking if the library had "Fun Home" by the same author; at the time of checking they did not, but this caught my eye on the shelves instead.  He did not like it, oh well.

I also returned "Ms. Cupcake- The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in town!", although technically this was not due until Monday.  I got this out aaages ago; in work they were having a Bake-Sale (one they gave us decent notice about), so I ran a search on the library catalogue for 'vegan' for some inspiration.  

I made two recipes from this: Red Velvet cupcakes, and the Bakewell Tart Cupcakes. They both had a similar- easy - method and produced tasty results. CONFESSION TIME: I'm not actually vegan, Jerry is, but I daydreamed about the Bakewell Tart cupcakes after they were all finished.  Raspberry plus Almond is one of my ultimate combinations!

I was sad to return this to the library, and would be happy to add this cookbook to my collection... if only it was a little cheaper on Amazon!    


No comments: