Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday summary

We went to the vets again on Saturday... but it was only for Pepe to have her booster vaccination. (annoyingly I couldn't find the record for her previous vaccine, must remember to have a 'proper' look for it). The vet also gave her a bit of a once-over and said that she still had some of her baby teeth! We were just talking to another dog owner during the week about their 5-month old puppy losing their baby teeth (a Bedlington Terrier). So, the vet said it'd be better for them to be removed - Pepe's mouth would be less crowded with less places for food to get trapped, then causing plaque which can lead to worse problems. Has anyone else needed for their Pug to have baby teeth removed ?
Pepe says: "if you take out my baby teeth, I won't be able to chomp my rawhides as much!"

3 comments:

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

All my puggies' mouths are a MESS but they have lost their baby teeth.

Interesting fact though- I- a real PERSON- still have 2 baby teeth!!! LOL. No adult teeth in those two spots to push them out. Apparently it's hereditary (I'm adopted so there's no way of knowing.)

Send my support :)

Liss said...

Aww poor baby. I don't know if Herbie or Ricky had this done, I adopted them after they were both 1 year old. But, I know that I have two of my baby teeth LOL>

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi! Poor Pepe, I am sure she needs all the teeth possible to chew rawhides! I don't have baby teeth because they had to remove 6 for me to get braces. *ouch*